- This event has passed.
Cheese Making & Cider Tasting
March 2 @ 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm$60
Join us in the brand new hemp farm house for a workshop and dinner presented by Karin Baer on cheese making. The evening will include:
- information on pasteurization
- inoculating goat milk
- milk curd
- preparing goat cheese (Chèvre)
- making yogurt cheese from cows milk
- take home 500 ml of the inoculated milk to do the process at home again.
As we learn we will prepare a dinner together of:
- Chèvre with honey
- Chèvre cheese balls with fresh herbs
- Chèvre cheese spread
- Chèvre balls in oil with roasted red pepper, fennel and coriander
- Yogurt cheese (like a tsaziki)
- Served with homemade, organic spelt bread (please let us know if you require a gluten free option)
As we eat at the farm house table, we will enjoy cider pairings from Fraser Valley Cider Company.